September 9, 2011
I am soo proud of this mickey mouse cake!
First, I drew up a sketch of the way I wanted the cake to look and then I started brain-storming on how it could be done. Duff’s cake fondant really helped me get this job done. His products are great to work with and aren’t bad tasting.
Enjoy the photos of Brody’s 1st Birthday cake
September 9, 2011
Mickey Mouse Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate frosting
To recreate these delicious little cupcakes, simply make chocolate cupcakes and chocolate icing (using your favorite chocolate frosting recipe). I used red cupcake liners and hot glued white circles onto the liners (left over circles from my three-hole punch worked great!) Add mini-oreos for mickey mouse ears and chocolate sprinkles for some fun. Enjoy!
July 29, 2011
Happy 1st Birthday Brody!
May 7, 2011
Lately I have been all about smoothies. Strawberry-banana smoothies, blueberry smoothies, chocolate-banana smoothies, yogurt-strawberry smoothies. I’ve been mixing up multiple flavors in the comfort of my own kitchen. Although nutritious, smoothies aren’t exactly the quickest or cheapest to make yourself. I got this great idea from “The Tidy Nest” to make my own Freezer Smoothie Baggies to save time and money. “The Tidy Nest” divides the fruit and yogurt into serving size baggies and stores them in the freezer.
- Wash and chop the fruit.
- Freeze the yogurt in ice cube trays to divide into appropriate serving size.
- For a smoothie that serves two: use 1 1/2 cups fruit and 3-4 yogurt cubes. Add milk or juice into the blender until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Throw all packets into a large freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.
May 3, 2011
Philadelphia ready-to-eat cheesecake filling
Good quality dipping chocolate
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Remove the stems from the berries. Using a small paring knife, core the center of each berry.
- Fill a plastic baggie with the cheesecake filling. Fill each berry with cheesecake.
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dipping chocolate at 30-second intervals until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Dip each strawberry into chocolate. Lay on baking sheet.
- Fill a second plastic baggie with chocolate and drizzle over the berries in a pretty design.
- Chill. Bring to room temperature before serving. Store in a sealed plastic container in the refrigerator.
May 2, 2011
- large zucchini slices, cut 3/4 inch thick
- olive oil, for lightly brushing both sides of pizza and oiling grill grate
- pizza sauce of your choice
- grated cheese
- pizza toppings (anything you like on your pizza can go on top of your zucchini pizza (get creative!)
- Oil the grill grates (tip: use oil on a paper towel), then preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut the zucchini into thick slices about 3/4 inch think.
- Grill the zucchini 7-8 minutes, or until there are some grill marks and it’s starting to be tender. - Remove the zucchini from the grill, putting them grilled-side up on a cutting board you can use to take them to the kitchen.
- Add sauce, cheese and other topping as desired.
- Put loaded zucchini slices back on the grill and cook 7-8 minutes more with grill lid closed. (check them every few minutes to see when the cheese is melted and the toppings are lightly browned)
- Remove zucchini pizzas from grill and serve hot.
- Bon appetit!