Check out these FREE printable party invitations offered by HGTV
July 19, 2011
Click here to view more printable party invites
June 14, 2011
Download this adorable font here for free
A perfect font for jungle-themed birthday parties, shower invitations,
or just to switch it up and have a good time with a new, fun little font
February 13, 2011
1) Cut fleece rectangle removing selvages.
2) Position ruler lengthwise ¾” from edge of fleece.
3) Using a 45mm rotary cutter equipped with the Skip-Stitch blade, run cutter along edge of ruler with enough pressure to perforate the fleece.
4) Mark last perforation with a pin. Reposition ruler to continue cutting. Place a blade tooth in the last perforation and continue cutting to end of the side. Repeat for each side of your project.
IMPORTANT – Run blade over each area only once. A second cutting will result in an unusable edge.
5) Crochet the Foundation Pattern around your project turning the edge under as you go. This alone makes an attractive finish or, if desired, you may then add the edging pattern of your choice. Trimming a small triangle from each corner before beginning to crochet keeps the underside of the corner neater.
With right side of fleece facing you, single crochet in any hole but corner hole, chain l, single crochet in next hole, chain l. Continue around blanket, working 3 single crochets in corner holes.
A suggested finishing pattern
1) From the front side of your project, slip-stitch in a back loop of a stitch on the foundation pattern.
2) Skip a loop and work 3 double-crochets in the next loop,
3) Skip a loop and slip-stitch in the next loop.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you reach the second hole from the corner. Continue the same pattern without skipping any loops until you reach the second hole on the other side of the corner.
5) Then, continue skipping loops as before until you reach the second hole from the next corner.
NOTE – As you finish a round you will probably have to adjust your stitches to make the final joining of the pattern blend in attractively.